Bodyology Online Massage Courses

All levels online massage courses, webinars, topics and networking. Join the revolution.

Online Courses

• Holistic Massage Diploma Course (Level 4)

• Introduction to Massage 'Taster' course

This course is taking place in ...

• Deep Tissue Massage Course

This course is taking place in London, United Kingdom

Love massage? Subscribe to news, new course & meeting!

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua. At vero eos et accusam et justo duo dolores et ea rebum. Stet clita kasd gubergren, no sea takimata sanctus est Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet. Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consetetur sadipscing elitr, sed diam nonumy eirmod tempor invidunt ut labore et dolore magna aliquyam erat, sed diam voluptua. At vero eos

Face To Face Courses

• Introduction to Massage Course

One-day courses for complete beginners. Learn to give an effective & relaxing massage Thinking of taking the professional diploma course? Take this course as a free taster Practical hands-on teaching approach

• Professional Massage Diploma Courses

Top quality diploma course teaching the ‘real thing’ of becoming a master professional therapist Highly accredited by the Massage Training Institute, insurances and more Help with finding your first job. Nine months, part-time

• Advanced Massage Courses

Top quality diploma course teaching the ‘real thing’ of becoming a master professional therapist Highly accredited by the Massage Training Institute, insurances and more Help with finding your first job. Nine months, part-time

• Martin
      Martin liked Wall post by Dror Steiner
    • Hanna
        Hanna liked Wall post by Dror Steiner
      • Oksana Sologub
          Oksana Sologub commented on Wall post by Chloe Rossi

Hi Dror,

I have a quick question about the situation my friend is having as I am not too sure if I am allowed to massage her back at all. 

Basically my friend is suffering from the big lower back pain and when she did the back x ray, her doctor confirmed that she is having a PSOAS Syndrome (her right side muscle is ripped). I read about this Psoas syndrome thing, however I am still not too sure if the lower part of the back could be massaged even gently without applying any pressure?  

Thanks,

Oksana

• Asia Nowicki
            Asia Nowicki commented on Wall post by Dror Steiner

I just told the insurance company which school I am with and that was enough- they insured me straight away and I received my cover details soon after. So that's a bit strange...

• Asia Nowicki
              Asia Nowicki commented on Wall post by Cristina Gri

Thanks for this. Just ordered it as a christmas pressie to self

• Asia Nowicki
                Asia Nowicki commented on Wall post by Asia Nowicki

Sorry, there seems to be a problem with adding comments!

• Chloe Rossi
                  Chloe Rossi commented on Wall post by Chloe Rossi

Yes, perfect! Thank you

• Chloe Rossi
                  • Dror Steiner
                      Dror Steiner commented on Wall post by Chloe Rossi

Hi Chloe, the answer is based on the book. I know that we didn't learn some of the techniques in the book. But it will be impossible to give your massage recommendation now only based on the techniques that we learn, and every weekend to update the massage recommendation with the new techniques.
                      This way we are clear and simple.
                      Is this ok?

• Dror Steiner
                        Dror Steiner commented on Wall post by Asia Nowicki

Hi Asia,
                        Love this question!
                        Let's try to make sense and learn from this situation.
                        So, the client has lymphedema and we don't know yet ANYTHING about it. The book gives only incomplete recommendations about what to do and what not to do.

My thoughts are:
                        - We need to appreciate that we all beginners, hence there might be some clients we will not treat.
                        - we can see that even the book will give incomplete recommendations to massage.
                        - First, let's learn more about lymphedema. the course book is good, but I love Youtube. for example, this vidoe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp04BbINLiY
                        - I think it will still be good to see this client, prepare some questions about his condition: for example 'why did you develop this condiotion' and 'how does it affect you'. We may find that at the end, we may help him in an indirect ways (such as deep relaxation).

Let us know Asia about it!

• Cristina Gri
                          Cristina Gri commented on Wall post by Cristina Gri

Hi Asia,
                          You can bring the books in if you want, but you don’t have to, there will be handouts for you to work on :)

Featured Users