Comments on Wall post by Gayan Gunasekara

Gayan Gunasekara

Hi Dror,

Like some advice on dealing with someone with a Winged Scapula. Occured mid last year but having issues for the last 3-4 months. Can't lift heavy items now.

• Dror Steiner
    By Dror Steiner

Hello Gayan. Do you know when the scapula is winged?

• Gayan Gunasekara
      By Gayan Gunasekara

According to him it started middle of last year. He still has not gone and seen a physiotherapist. Apparently for the last 4 months been active. There is occasional shooting pain on shoulder.

• Gayan Gunasekara
    By Gayan Gunasekara

According to him it started middle of last year. He still has not gone and seen a physiotherapist. Apparently for the last 4 months been active. There is occasional shooting pain on shoulder.

• Dror Steiner
    By Dror Steiner

I need to know a lot more in order to help Gayan. this is a good practice: first you need to know a LOT more about the issue: who it started, what exactly went wrong, what is the daily activity problem and lots more. After that, when you understand the issue/issues, you can start to address them. We can talk about it in class.

• Gayan Gunasekara
      By Gayan Gunasekara

Yes. Shall find out all the details. Thanks Dror.

• Gayan Gunasekara
    By Gayan Gunasekara

Hi Dror. The young chap is coming over on weekend. Now, info wise. He believes it all started mid last year while working Tesco and lifting heavy items. He didnt see a Doctor till Dec and confirmed issue. He thinks he may have made it worse by going gym even though his techniques were correctly followed. He now works at a busy call centre for 7hours a day minimum. He gets shooting pain on and off which had not happened for awhile. I have said that on visit, I would have to consider affected area as a contraindication. Till I know how I can help. I know there are three nerves that can lead to winged Scapula. I can massage rest of body and also areas that compensate. Any ideas would be helpful. Thank you.